About RX Global
RX is in the business of building businesses for individuals, communities and organisations. We elevate the power of face-to-face events by combining data and digital products to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors. RX is passionate about making a positive impact on society and is fully committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our people. RX is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.www.rxglobal.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
About the User Researcher
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a mid-career user researcher to join our customer experience team. This role represents a unique experience to see a very wide range of industry verticals in different global markets, and to focus on early stage discovery and establishing product-market fit for new ideas. The team as a whole will identify, research, validate and prototype new digital solutions that help buyers and sellers connect and do business with each other, in a range of industry verticals that could cover anything from travel to videogames to manufacturing ingredients.
Your role will be to plan, design and conduct user research to help us test value, usability and commercial viability of new products. You will deploy a wide range of research methodologies and work as part of a cross-functional team with a global perspective.
- Planning and conducting user research and usability testing to inform the design and development of our products
- Processing the outputs of user research and prioritising findings to effectively communicate to the agile teams and leaders in the business
- Analysing existing research to identify trends and insights pertinent to current project work
- Working collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary agile team, including the UX and product teams, in research activities such as analysis
- Managing the logistics of user research, e.g. planning and scheduling research sessions, recruiting participants and setting achievable deadlines
- Working with designers and developers to create accessible and inclusive experiences
- Understanding stakeholder priorities whilst maintaining a user-centred approach
- Communicating research findings to senior stakeholders in a clear and simple way so that user needs and usability issues are clearly understood
- Applying ethical research practices to ensure the safeguarding and wellbeing of participants and researchers
- Has had some formal training in UX research methodologies (degree program, certificate programs, etc.).
- Has 5+ years’ experience in UX research, including
- Using a diverse range of research methodologies
- Working in agile product teams
- In early-stage discovery projects with a high degree of strategic ambiguity
- Has demonstrated evidence of owning and delivering on multiple UX research projects.
- Some experience with quantitative data analysis.
- Some experience with various qualitative coding techniques.
- Experience with relevant tooling such as Qualtrics, Miro, Tetra Insights
- Experience working with large data sets and/or product analytics.
- Experience working in a B2B organisation.
- Experience working with content portals.
Bachelors or Masters degree in a design subject (Psychology, UX, HCI, Product Design, Design, Graphic Design, etc discipline) is preferred, but not required.