RX is in the business of building businesses for individuals, communities and organisations. We elevate the power of face-to-face events by combining data and digital products to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors. RX is passionate about making a positive impact on society and is fully committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our people. RX is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.www.rxglobal.com
RELX is a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs over 33,000 people, of whom almost half are in North America.
This position performs complex research, design, and software development assignments within a software functional area or product line, and provides direct input to project plans, schedules, and methodology in the development of cross-functional software products. This position performs software design — typically across multiple systems; mentors more-junior members of the team; and talks to users/customers and translates their requests into solutions.
- BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- Experience working within three or more globally distributed Agile development teams.
- Experience working on three or more high-reliability, high-availability microservices architecture platforms.
TECHNICAL SKILLS: experience or willing to learn the following:
- APIs: REST, GraphQL
- Languages: C# / .NET Core, ReactJS/Typescript, CSS, SQL
- Testing: Pair Programming, TDD, BDD, vulnerability, security and performance testing tools
- Instrumentation: Logging, monitoring, dashboards, alerting
- Database: DynamoDb, PostgreSQL
- Security: OWASP Top 10
- CI/CD: Git, pipeline management tools, green-blue deployments, canary releases
- Cloud: AWS, Lambda, S3, SNS, SQS, Cloudformation, Containerisation, Serverless
- Useful: PowerShell, Python, PowerBI
- Senior Developer experience in a multi-team, distributed Agile environment (Scrum and/or Kanban). Involved in the full end-to-end lifecycle from design to deployment.
- Able to build customer and team confidence through deep knowledge and being collaborative and customer focused.
- A polyglot, expert in C#, confident developing the full stack through multiple application tiers with a passion for learning new skills.
- Strong technical design skills and fluent in the application of SOLID Principles, design patterns, domain modelling, event-driven architectures, micro-services and message queues.
- Able to take a test-first approach to development and skilled in TDD, BDD, integration testing, logging and monitoring.
- Experienced in software performance optimization and knowledgeable in concurrent programming.
- Strong experience developing global multi-lingual and multi-tenant systems.
- Skilled in maintaining and improving CI/CD workflow processes and tools.
- Exposure to Cloud technologies and at ease with troubleshooting in complex environments.
- Exposure to data science, machine learning and Big Data principles.